Family dentistry encompasses all general health aspects, preventive and complete dental care for people of all ages. However, not all general practitioners are also family dentists. Usually, family dentists have experience engaging with young kids, albeit not nearly as much as specialized pediatric dentists. This suggests why family dentistry is designed to assist parents and their children with their dental healthcare needs at all phases of life.
Importance of Family Dentistry
Family dentists are aware that children's dental needs differ from adults, and they are trained to provide customized care to ensure that their specific oral hygiene requirements are addressed.
A family dentist might be considered just a "one-stop-shop" for dental care. Among the most significant advantages of family, dentistry is that even the orthodontist can look after your oral treatment between early childhood to adolescence and maturity.
Family dentists generally are qualified to provide compassionate, sensitive treatment to dentistry, understanding the changes in a kid's mouth at each step of development. They will like to make sure that they have a good time every time a child visits for a consultation.
Services offered for Family Dentistry
Often these family dentists provide dental care and preventative dentistry solutions, but others may also provide orthodontic, oral surgery such as implant placement, and aesthetic dentistry. The following are some popular services:
- Deep cleaning and tests every six months – Periodontal cleaning is essential, and six-month checkups are crucial because those enable your dentist to keep track of your and your children's oral health.
- Fluoride procedures and dental fillings — Fluoride and dental sealants are commonly used within possible cavity infections in youngsters to help prevent infections.
- Dental checks and restorations - Because cavities are among the most prevalent avoidable children's illness, family dentists specialize in detecting and repairing cavities.
- Orthodontic treatment — While many family dentists will provide orthodontic exams, not all of them will give orthodontic work in the office and may recommend you to a qualified specialist.
- Gingivitis/Gum disease management - Periodontitis is fairly common among adults. Thus family dentists address occurrences of gingivitis and gum disease with treatments including deep cleanings, gum patch surgery, and antibiotics.
Numerous services are available from most family dentists, but these are most prevalent.
Belmont Dental Associates offers comprehensive family dentistry services by Robert W. Bury and Taylor Bury at York, PA for you and your loved ones. For more details and appointments, call us at (717) 848-1463, book online, or visit us at 3210 E Market Street, York, PA 17402.