According to the ADA “The purpose of orthodontic treatment is to create a healthy bite—straight teeth that properly meet opposing teeth in the opposite jaw. A good bite makes it easier for you to bite, chew and speak.”
At Belmont Dental in York, PA we are able to treat most of your orthodontic needs.
What are the common orthodontic issues?
The common orthodontic issues that need to be treated are as follows:
- Overbite: This condition occurs when the upper front teeth protrude out over the lower front teeth, often making them bite into the roof of the mouth.
- Underbite: This condition occurs when the lower jaw protrudes out, making your lower front teeth extend in front of the upper front teeth.
- Open Bite: This condition occurs when upper and lower front teeth do not come in contact with each other.
- Crossbite: When the upper teeth fit inside the lower teeth, a crossbite occurs. This may also result in misaligned jaw growth.
- Crowding: Crowded teeth can cause cavities and gum disease to develop because food and plaque are more likely to get trapped.
What are the different types of orthodontic treatments?
We have a wide variety of orthodontic treatment options that we can help you choose as per your needs and desires.
- Metal Braces: In certain cases, it is best to go with traditional metal braces to fix the smile's alignment and betterment of dental health. The technological advancement over the recent years has brought changes in the metal braces as well. They are now stronger and can withstand most wear and tear.
- Clear Braces: Clear braces offer the same functionality as traditional metal braces. We can blend them as the shade of your teeth. They are designed well with the assurance of a comfortable experience and translucent look. You can now smile confidently even with the braces on!
- Smart Moves: With Smart Moves, you can straighten your teeth without anyone noticing. You can get a straight smile with a series of clear and removable aligners which shift your teeth gradually without using wires or brackets. You can also maintain good oral hygiene as usual even while undergoing the treatment.
We will thoroughly examine your dentition and help you make the right decision to achieve a beautiful, straight smile.
Get orthodontic services from Belmont Dental Associates by Dr. Robert W. Bury and Dr. Taylor B. Bury. For more details and appointments, call us at (717) 848-1463, book online, or visit us at 3210 E Market Street, York, PA 17402.